Advantages of borehole steering technology using AZIDRILL®:
- The worlds first commercially available H-size steerable core barrel.
- Fast and easy borehole steering with precise targeting and multi-branch boreholes.
- Oriented core samples while drilling.
- Reduce environmental footprint through reduced drill pads, operational time and CO2 emissions.
- Similar drilling rate as standard diamond drilling.
- Similar drilling parameters and water consumption as standard diamond drilling.
- No depth limitations.
- Operate with ease. No special pumps, rods or rigs needed.
The AZIDRILL® directional core barrel provides an efficient way to steer your bore holes straight to target while cutting core. Hit your targets at first try, make multiple branches from one borehole, reach of otherwise impossible areas, or control horizontal holes with a pre-determined path right on the target.
Save time & money
Time and cost savings on exploration drill sites using AZIDRILL® are typically 20 - 50% compared to only utilizing standard conventional drilling with or without traditional steering methods such as wedging og mud motors.
With directional drilling, you can achieve the following:
- Reduced operation time
- Reduced number of meters drilled
- Reduced total cost of project
- Reduce the number of drill pads required to reach your targets
- Reduce water consumption and CO2 emissions
Easy to use
The AZIDRILL® is fully compatible with standard H-size drill rods. No hole reaming before or after, no special rods or water pumps needed. The tool is only 30cm longer than a standard wireline core barrel, just replace your standard core barrel with the AZIDRILL® and we are ready to steer the borehole.
The AZIDRILL® collects data such as direction and inclination of the borehole through sensors sitting in the head assembly while drilling. The data is easily checked every time that the core tube is retrieved to surface. Together with azimuth readings taken at the bottom of the borehole with a magnetic multishot or gyro, the hole path and degree of deviation is monitored and changed when needed to accommodate your drilling plan.
AZIDRILL® equipment package
The AZIDRILL® equipment package is available for rent and contains:
- One complete AZIDRILL®
- One complete spare AZIDRILL®
- Two off field engineers (Day shift / Night shift)
- NAVIGATOR™ borehole planning and optimizing software
- Suitable accessories of spare parts and diamond products
AZIWELL have highly skilled field engineers that follow the drill whenever used. Our field engineers ensure the borehole steering operations run efficiently and keep the equipment maintained and ready for use at all times. Additionally, they work alongside the geologists to improve and optimize the drill plan to enable our customers to achieve the best possible outcome through borehole steering technology.